I made this today and it was so yummy I had to share.
10 cups all-purpose apples, peeled, cored and sliced
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
sprinkle of water
sprinkle of sugar; (use more with granny smiths)
2 cup quick-cooking oats
2 cup all-purpose flour
2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup butter
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degree C).
2. Sprinkle the apples with the cinnamon, sugar, flour and nutmeg
3. Combine the oats, flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda together. Cut the butter coarsely in. Put half of mixture in bottom of 9x13 inch pan.
4. Place the sliced apples on top and spritz with some water (depending on how wet/dry you want it) and put remaining mixture evenly over the apples.
5. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for about 45-60 minutes.
You can half the second mixture if you only want it on top. But that's my favorite part. And of course its great with ice cream. I also liked it cold. (the crisp, not the ice cream although that's best cold, too. I digress)