Wednesday, November 11, 2009

A Yummy Frittata

I made something new, easy, and yummy tonight. Maybe you all have made these before, but this was my first. Everyone ate it, and it was healthy! The recipe I used called for potatoes, green onions, spinach and garlic (death breath!!) but I just used whatever left over veggies I had in the fridge.

Veggie Frittata

cubed or sliced potatoes, about 1 cup (mine were already cooked, but they don't have to be)
2/3 cup chopped broccoli
1/3 c chopped onion
1 small tomato, diced
3 cooked strips of bacon, crumbled (okay, that part's not so healthy)
6 eggs
1/3 c milk
1/2 c shredded Cheddar cheese

Heat olive oil in medium skillet over medium heat. If your potatoes are not cooked, place in skillet and cover for about 10 minutes, until tender but firm. Mix in onion, broccoli, or any other veggies you have around (zucchini, other squash or mushrooms would be good, too). Saute these together, season with salt and pepper or whatever you like (I used some seasoned salt, too). In medium bowl, Beat together eggs and milk, pour into skillet over vegetables; sprinkle with cheese. Reduce heat to low and cover, cook about 7 more minutes or until eggs are firm. That's what the instructions say, but mine were taking forever to get done. So I took about 1/3 cup of water and poured it on the side of the skillet so it would go underneath the frittata, covered it, and it was done within a minute or two. It's always exciting to find something new that you like to eat that involves plenty of vegetables. P.s., if you haven't already, visit my got2bcra-z blog and enter my penny pincher contest that ends on Nov 30th.

No comments:

Post a Comment