Monday, January 25, 2010

Menu Planning

Here is my new menu plan for the year. I asked the kids to create their "fantasy" menu. Then I averaged what they wanted and created what would work for us on our time schedule. (by the way mashed potatoes and gravy is apparently a meal by itself)

Sunday: Big Meat (usually with taters and good for leftovers all week)
Monday: Mom's choice (I want to try new stuff; at least they're warned)
Tuesday: Non-Meat/Soup (beans, lentils, food storage stuff)
Wednesday: Leftovers/Sandwiches (Dad is gone this night)
Thursday: Crockpot/Easy (scouts, activity days, etc.)
Friday: Pizza/Tacos (we have a child that was dismayed that we might eat the same thing every night!)
Saturday: Dad's Choice (we all know he's a better cook than me)

This makes my menu planning/grocery shopping so much easier now. Next, I'll have to post some of the yummy recipes I've been finding on-line.

1 comment:

  1. I love that idea of having a general type of meal assigned to each night. I was thinking I may want to do Italian, Mexican, etc. assigned to specific nights.

    ReplyDelete