Saturday, March 14, 2009

Pie Recipes?


In honor of the date (March 14 or 3.14... "Pi")
I was thinking about how much I love making pie.

But I really never take the time to bake pie unless it's Thanksgiving.

But, this weekend I made a shredded apple pie.
I first ate "shredded" apple pie at a Dickens Festival in St. George. I have no idea where the idea came from, but it really changes the pie flavor. It's interesting. (You can see the recipe on my blog)

So now I am wondering...what kind of pie do you like to make?
Do you have any unusual or interesting pie recipes that you like?

Oh...and as a secondary sidenote/confession - I never make homemade pie crust any more. I've made it before and it is simply too fussy for me.
I use store-bought crust.

How about you?

Do you think that I am cheating?

1 comment:

  1. When you mentioned it was Pi day, I thought it was some unnoticed govenor sponsored day such as "utah Utes day" I just realized it relates to the date. Ha, ha. Happy "pi"s to all a week or so late

    ReplyDelete