Monday, March 24, 2014

"Healthy" Peanut Butter Balls

Monday is my baking day.  This is when I make the food that I hope will last a week in our house.  Like snacks, granola and bread.

Our favorite snack recently has been peanut butter balls.  I'll include the recipe, but most of the time I just eyeball stuff and it turns out differently each time.

PB Balls
1 c. honey
1 1/4 c. peanut butter
1 c. powdered milk
3 c. oatmeal
1 T. wheat germ
1 T. flax seed (ground)

Beat all together.  Form into balls with hands. Then, I like to freeze them for about 10 minutes, seems to keep together better, and then put them into a bag in the fridge.

Optional add-ins: mini-chocolate chips, coconut, rice crispies, etc.

I think I figured out once that each ball has about 90 calories.  I like to think they're pretty healthy.  And cheaper than buying granola bars at the store.  Also, since I don't have to use my oven, these will be great this summer.

Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment